To read about our namesake’s legacy, go to http://www.kofc.org/en/columbia/detail/2012_06_columbus_interview.html.
*** Note: This document is 3 pages. Tap on or hover your mouse over the document to see a menu to access the next page.October2017 Newsletter
All Catholic students in grades 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12, are invited to participate in the 2017 Knights of Columbus Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest. Students are encouraged to write a 500 to 750 word essay on the theme of: Going to the Peripheries.
The winner in each grade will receive $50 from Council 9368. They will also be forwarded to compete at the district, state and international levels, with the opportunity to win more in cash prizes.
- Essays must reflect the assigned theme and be the student’s original work.
- Essays must be typed and be between 500 and 750 words in length. Use 8 ½” X 11” paper, one sided, double spaced, with one-inch margins.
- The student’s name should appear only on the official Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest entry form, which must be stapled to the essay.
- All entries become the property of the Knights of Columbus and will not be returned.
- Return your entry by October 31 to the St. William office; tell them it is for the Knights of Columbus.
For more information and the entry form, click here.
*** Note: This document is 3 pages. Tap on or hover your mouse over the document to see a menu to access the next page.September2017 Newsletter
In order to ensure consistency across the Order, the Supreme Council has implemented an online bylaws template for local councils to use. Local councils are free to set certain policies with accepted parameters, such as dues level, quorum number and initiation fee. A council must use the online template in order to amend its bylaws. At the September meeting, we will read a resolution to amend the bylaws, and vote in October.
The proposed bylaws draft is available at https://kofc9368.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/report.pdf.
A comparison of the proposed bylaws and the existing bylaws is available at https://kofc9368.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/BylawsProposedChanges.pdf.