*** Note: This document is 3 pages. Tap on or hover your mouse over the document to see a menu to access the next page.September2017 Newsletter
In order to ensure consistency across the Order, the Supreme Council has implemented an online bylaws template for local councils to use. Local councils are free to set certain policies with accepted parameters, such as dues level, quorum number and initiation fee. A council must use the online template in order to amend its bylaws. At the September meeting, we will read a resolution to amend the bylaws, and vote in October.
The proposed bylaws draft is available at https://kofc9368.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/report.pdf.
A comparison of the proposed bylaws and the existing bylaws is available at https://kofc9368.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/BylawsProposedChanges.pdf.
Chisholm Tail Council, No. 9368 has earned the Columbian Award for the 2016-17 fraternal year. This award from the Supreme Council recognizes our charitable service activities and programs in each of six major categories – Church, Community, Council, Culture of Life, Family and Youth. The recognition confirms that our council is conducting a well-rounded activities program. It also reflects our contributions to the KC “Building the Domestic Church” initiative.
Some of the activities the Council engaged in last year which contributed to the recognition include:
- Purchased an ultrasound machine and donated it to the Agape Pregnancy Resource Center
- Provided financial and moral support to local seminarians
- Participated in the Adopt-a-Highway to help keep our community streets clean
- Volunteered at the Texas Special Olympics
- Conducted a food drive at St. William to benefit the St. Vincent de Paul Society pantry
- Supported St. William Scouting units and American Heritage Girls
*** Note: This document is 3 pages. Tap on or hover your mouse over the document to see a menu to access the next page.August2017 Newsletter
*** Note: This document is 3 pages. Tap on or hover your mouse over the document to see a menu to access the next page.July2017 Newsletter