The Knights of Columbus will be organizing and coordinating churchwide food donation drive to benefit the St. Vincent DePaul Society on St. William ground – benefitting those most in need in our community.
We will collect all food donations throughout the month of March 2017 (Ash Wednesday is March 1).
Below are the recommended non-perishable food items (make sure they are unexpired) that can be donated:
- Peanut Butter
- Dry Beans – 1 lb. bag
- Rice – 1 lb. bag
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Spaghetti/Pasta Sauce
- Can Soup
- Can Vegetables
- Can Beans
- Can Fruit
- Can Tuna/Meat
Knights are asked to help in the following ways:
1) Donate food items;
2) Promote the effort to other parishioners and ministries;
3) Collect donated food items from friends, neighbors, colleagues, officemates and others and either bring to the KC March council meeting and/or deliver to St. Vincent de Paul on a Monday or Friday during March ;
4) Volunteers are asked to help pick-up, sort and deliver the donated items on one of these dates (Monday and Friday): March 3, March 6, March 10, March 13, March 17, March 20, March 24, March 27 and March 31.
5) All donated items picked-up from the church office and/or the Narthex and delivered to the St. Vincent de Paul building must be during the hours of 9am-12pm.
6) Donations brought to the March council meeting, to the church office or placed in the receptacle bins in the Narthex.
Other ministries and the congregation are encouraged to help us with points 1-3 above.
If you have questions please contact Deacon Richard Kotrola at 512-233-9388/ email@example.com or Michael Barnett at 512-658-6274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Sunday September 11, 2016, Council 9368 of the Knights of Columbus had a special program on the 15th anniversary of the terrorist attack. The World Day of Prayer for Peace included 4th degree fallout, a Corporate Communion Sunday, special prayers and songs, prayer cards, an American flag near the altar, and the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Knights from Council 9368 sat in the front four pews with their families. After Mass, several families attended brunch at Mesa Rosa.
To see more pictures of this event click on the picture below.