Brothers, our “June” meeting will be held Wednesday, May 30. We are rescheduling from the usual date because St. William is not accepting facility reservations during the first week of June. This will be an important meeting as officer elections will be held. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend. Usual time and location – 7:30 p.m. at the Fr. Michael J. McGivney Pavilion at St. William. Thanks!
Update: This food drive brought in over 12,000 lbs. of food to the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. Many thanks to the St. William administration and community for supporting this food drive! Although the Lenten food drive is complete, collection boxes are permanently located in the St. William narthex any time you may want to donate throughout the year.
“Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.” Mt. 25:40
The Chisholm Trail Council will be organizing and coordinating a parish-wide food donation drive to benefit the Society of St. Vincent de Paul at St. William – helping those most in need in our community.
We will collect all food donations throughout the season of Lent, which begins Feb. 14.
Below are the recommended non-perishable food items (make sure they are unexpired) that can be donated:
- Peanut Butter
- Dry Beans – 1 lb. bag
- Rice – 1 lb. bag
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Spaghetti/Pasta Sauce
- Can Soup
- Can Vegetables
- Can Beans
- Can Fruit
- Can Tuna/Meat
Knights are asked to help in the following ways:
1) Donate food items
2) Promote the effort to other parishioners and ministries
3) Collect donated food items from friends, neighbors, colleagues, coworkers and others
4) Hand out grocery bags to parishioners after Mass on Feb. 11 & 18
5) Help pick-up, sort and deliver the donated items on Mondays and Fridays of Lent
6) Place donations in the receptacle bins in the church narthex
If you have questions please contact:
- Joe Gonzales at 512-965-6111
- Michael Barnett at 512-388-3658
- Deacon Richard Kotrola at 512-233-9388