The Knights continue to assist those suffering from the devastating 130 MPH winds and 50+ inches of rain from Hurricane Harvey. Our efforts have shifted from feeding the survivors and volunteer responders to providing grants for Knights to repair their homes. The Texas State Charity Board has awarded more than $670,000 in grants to Councils and Brother Knights.
Here are some recent accomplishments of the Knights, as of October 31, 2017:
- Approximately 57,700 meals have been served to those in shelters, neighbors, first and second responders, and others seeking assistance.
- Supreme and the Texas State Charity Board have provided councils with over $39,275 for purchasing food and cleaning supplies.
- Council 3217 continues to serve 1,225 meals a week to the local community and volunteer responders in Dickinson.
- Brother Knights from St. Ignatius Council 10861 and Christ the Good Shepherd Council 10872 and other volunteers worked together to make nearly 400 lunches for those in need as well as provide clean-up teams to assist the impacted neighborhoods in Spring.
- Knights from Council 6257 provided help cleaning and rebuilding homes for several area families.
Thanks to donations from councils and individuals across the nation, funds are being provided by Supreme and the Texas State Council Charity Board for Knights needing assistance.
- 332 Knights have received $100 gift cards supplied by Supreme.
- 480 grant requests have been submitted, and $631,500 has been given to Brother Knights.
- Many local Councils are continuing to help Knights needing assistance cleaning and repairing their homes.
If you know of a Brother Knight, or widow of a Knight, who has suffered a loss from the hurricane, please have them contact Harry S. Storey, Texas State Emergency Response Chairman, at email@example.com for assistance.or e-mail: